ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
markhayphotography
Regular MemberPosts: 102
Like?
Which camera body to sell?
Jun 24, 2012

Hey Folks,

To get to my point quickly, I need advice on which of my two camera bodies to sell, 5D or 50D?

The long end of it.....

I've slowly built my gear up from nothing over the past 3 or 4 years, improving my skills and taking on higher paying gigs along the way. I've re-invested almost all of my photography income into my gear and I've refused to take on new debt for my gear.

Currently, my camera bodies and lenses include:
5D (mark 1)
50D

50mm/1.4
85mm/1.8
24mm/2.8
EF 28-135mm/3.5-4.0

I've been doing some quality work with this setup, but it hasn't been easy. My faster fixed lenses (along with my full framed 5D) have really helped me turn a corner, making me able to produce much better images than when I was just shooting with 50D/kit zoom lens, but it is difficult to depend on that setup during ceremonies.

Now I'm making my push to upgrade to a 5D mark ii (used or refurbished), and a 24-105mm/4.0.

I'm looking to help finance it quicker by selling one of my current camera bodies, the 24mm/2.8, and the 28-135mm.

Which body would you sell and which would you keep for a backup? Do I keep consistency by having both bodies full framed (5D)? Or do I continue to keep the 50D as a backup for the higher ISO and more similar interface to the 5D2?

I'm a bit torn, and would like to hear some thoughts. Thanks in advance.
-Mark

Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow