Moving from Olympus to Canon or Nikon

Started Jun 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
GodSpeaks
Forum ProPosts: 10,159Gear list
Like?
Re: Moving from Olympus to Canon or Nikon
In reply to Cliff Horner, Jun 24, 2012

Cliff Horner wrote:

I have been shooting with an Olympus E3 for the past few years after upgrading from the E1. I am not sure where the 4/3's system is going so I have decided to change system. I have been looking at Canon and Nikon although slightly favouring Canon.

Even though Olympus will not admit it, four-thirds is pretty much dead. It was killed (ironically) by micro-four-thirds.

The lastest generation of micro43 cameras are in fact, pretty good. They still lack PDAF, which is where Canon or Nikon DSLRs shine.

You might consider switching to micro43, if blazing AF is not a must have item, otherwise go with a true DSLR. But having a small micro43 camera as your point and shoot is also not a bad idea.

You can use your four-third lenses on micro43 bodies with an adapter, so you would not need to immediately also invest in micro43 lenses.

I have the Panasonic GX1 and Nikon FF DSLRs. Great combination.

-- hide signature --

The greatest of mankind's criminals are those who delude themselves into thinking they have done 'the right thing.'

• Rayna Butler

GodSpeaks's gear list:GodSpeaks's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7i Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Kodak DCS Pro SLR/n +36 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow