Started Jun 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PhotoKaz
Regular MemberPosts: 316Gear list
Like?
D800, 105mm f/2.8 VR focus stack with Zerene
Jun 24, 2012

When I was mowing the lawn, I came across a bee in the grass. I’m not sure what type of bee it is, but it could be one of the solitary ground dwelling types that can be found here. One of the wings was much shorter than the other and I don’t think it could fly. I put the bee in a safe place and took a few shots. The shots were taken with a Nikon D800 and AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED lens.

I'm very new to focus stacking, this being only my second attempt. First attempt was a flower, turned out so so. I think this turned out better and the bee was cooperative. Also, this is a crop from a bigger image so not as clear as it could be. Happy with the result though, and will certainly try more stacking soon.

PhotoKaz's gear list:PhotoKaz's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +1 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow