Started Jun 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nikondslrguy
Junior MemberPosts: 41
Like?
D5100 Layout
Jun 24, 2012

I know that this seems to be an over discussed topic but I'll lay it out again. I had been looking to step up from a D40 so I looked at the D3200 and the D5100. I went to a shop and took a look at them both. Before this I was almost decided on the D5100 but then I got it in my hand and I just Hated the layout. Is it worth the discomfort because the 5100 has a few things the 3200 doesn't have. better low light, hdr, effects, third-step iso. 14 bit RAW. Although the 3200 has its own nice features such as 24.2mp(although I know this is irrelevant with the kit lens and that I probably don't need all those pixels but it would be nice knowing), next gen processor, 60fps video(compared to 5100's 30fps). And most of all the better layout. I think I would eventually get used to the 5100's layout but I would be much more comfortable with the 3200's layout seeing that it is much closer to the 40's. Thanks for your time and input.

Nikon D3200 Nikon D40 Nikon D5100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow