Started Jun 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bill Randall
Forum ProPosts: 14,157Gear list
Like?
Re: The you should be pleased to know
In reply to Chato, Jun 23, 2012

Chato wrote:

Bill Randall wrote:

Like I have said so many times, politicians cannot handle money, especially other people's money.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2009-12-01/news/17942389_1_mayor-bloomberg-borrowing-highest-debt

That Mayor Bloomberg ran on a platfom identical to Romneys. As one of the richest men in the world, he campaigned on letting a Businessman show what could be done. So far, he's blown over 3 Billion dollars on "improvements" that simply don't work. Instead of using City employee's for this, he hired sub-contractors who literally took us to the cleaners. Almost a billion dollars spent on a payroll system desinged to save thirty million a year - Meaning that once it actually works, it will be obsolete...

Then another two billion on a 911 system, which has doubled the response time of Police and fire, and STILL doesn't work, with responders being dispatched to the wrong burrough...

Bloomberg, is a Pet Peeve of mine.

I find it extremely interesting that after handing out contacts for so many years, cities, and counties still can't seem to write one the assures they get what they pay for. I'll bet the contractors get what they expected.

Bill Randall's gear list:Bill Randall's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S602 Zoom Nikon D200 Nikon D5200
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow