70-400G --> 100% Crap

Started Jun 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Timo Voivalin
Regular MemberPosts: 175
Like?
Re: 70-400G --> 100% Crap
In reply to _Fotogrfr_, Jun 23, 2012

Fotogrfr wrote:

When I decided to buy a new camera, I struggled with the idea of buying the a580. At the time, the a55 and a33 were the only SLT models and I did not get that "warm and fuzzy" feeling about either of them at all. On the other hand, the a580 seemed like it wasn't really "different" enough or that much better than my a550 to warrant spending $800, so I held back. More SLT models were released in the months that followed and the technology seemed to be getting better with the kinks getting worked out as each model was released. The a77 was more camera than I wanted (in size, price, and features). So I almost ordered the a65 but waited a bit longer... not quite sure the time was right.

And then I heard about the a57. It just "felt right" and I knew that's the one I

These are exactly my thoughts!

I have been trying to figure out if there is really anything substantially better in IQ and focus department. The quieter shutter is one of the best things in SLT design. A77 is too much, I used to have Nikon D300, too much for me. But it had some things I still miss, focusing was one of them.

We will see... I may wait just one more generation and buy more lenses. The 70-400 was one of the reasons for me to come to Sony stable. It is cheap when one thinks about IQ. And also light enough for hiking and stuff like that.

Thanks Again for Your thorough answer!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow