Best landscape lens for K-5

Started Jun 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
SMcGuire45
Forum MemberPosts: 93Gear list
Like?
Re: The honest answer is.
In reply to Gerry Winterbourne, Jun 23, 2012

Thanks for all of the responses and information about landscape lenses! This is turning into a great little thread full of fantastic info and examples. I think I'm honing in on the first lens (or two) that I want to buy along with the K-5 body. I am used to using a zoom lens and like them, so I feel like I need a zoom lens. However, after reading numerous reviews and from some of the very informative posts in this thread...I feel as if I must buy one of the clearly fantastic Pentax primes. I think since I primarily shoot landscapes (and by the way totally agree that you don't need a wide lens to shoot landscapes), I will definitely be buying

Pentax Ultra Wide Angle smc-DA 15mm f/4 ED AL Limited Series

I think the possibilities with this lens are endless and I am all about the quality of detail, contrast and color. After reading literally hundreds of reviews from users on different sites I feel like this lens is just screaming for me to buy it!

The other lens I think I'll buy along with the K-5 and the 15mm prime is the...

Pentax SMC DA 18-135mm F/3.5-5.6 ED AL (IF) DC WR Lens

Like I said above, I enjoy zoom lenses and am just used to shooting with them. This might be something I grow out of with the amazing primes though. For now though, I think this WR zoom will satisfy my requirements.

I would like to buy a 1:1 Macro lens too, but no $ for one!

Thanks again for the posts!

SMcGuire45's gear list:SMcGuire45's gear list
Pentax K-5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow