Started Jun 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SLOtographer
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,908Gear list
Like?
**** This Week Through Your M43 June 23, 2012 ****
Jun 23, 2012

Welcome back photographers! I've been super busy at work with some monster deadlines, so I wasn't able to comment individually last week. But I LOVE the work and the participation. Thank you all!

The M43 Allegory of the Cave

From Mt. Panolympus comes a story of prisoners, micro four thirds users chained to the DPR forum walls, who can only see the world (with a kit lens) through shadows of objects backlit by a fire.

In this world, all they see are high ISO noise and images with "double the DOF of FF." Indeed, they ask if they can shoot a wedding in this dark cave with a kit lens, AWB, small jpeg, and print 30x40in. A skewed, overly pixelpeeper existence it is.

Alas, a few of them become M43 philosophers, and escape from the cave. The M43 philosophers come to the realization that they can experience the world with their senses, and share their vision and knowledge through meaningful images in the weekly M43 C&C thread.

Instructions:
1. Reply to this post and change the TITLE.

2. Older photos are fine. Please tell us about how you captured the image.

3. Please reply to at least one other thread.

Thank you for your participation!
--
SLOtographer

"If we limit our vision to the real world, we will forever be fighting on the minus side of things, working only too make our photographs equal to what we see out there, but no better." -- Galen Rowell

SLOtographer's gear list:SLOtographer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
FordNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow