Started Jun 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wjwncpro_Ds
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,970
Like?
Quick & Easy Print Drying Rack
Jun 23, 2012

Here's a quick & easy print drying rack that can be made with cardboard and mat backing. This one is made with 16" x 20" mat board and will hold (11) 13 x 19 prints. I used mat board as I had some extras on hand but a good heavy cardboard or foam board can be used in place. Foam board would work the best as it is stiffer but would take up more room on the height. With my mat cutter I cut the 20" length down to 18" and the card board spacers are 1" x 3". I first stacked them using double-back tape and then after the whole stack was finished I used 2" tape on the outside to add extra support. When finished, the 13" x 19" print sticks out 1" and makes it easy to remove and when drying a smaller print just leave them sticking out a little. You can also put a notch in the front of each layer so if the smaller prints slide in (by bumping) you can easily get them out with out removing the rack and tipping it over. Total footprint for drying 11 prints using mat board is 16" x 18" x 5"...

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow