Started Jun 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PBee
Junior MemberPosts: 34
Like?
Colour space on G1X
Jun 23, 2012

A question to G1X owners. Can you change the colour space? I've looked in the menu and manual and can't find a reference to it, but in DPP it says shots were taken in sRGB. I have read this is really for computer screens and that for best output in print you should use RGB. Does anyone have a view on this and can you change the setting on the G1X.

Having just bought the camera, I'm finding the learning curve after the Powershot Pro 1 to be pretty steep. I have been following the various debates and opinions expressed on the camera, particularly on this forum. Like everyone, I'm constantly amazed and excited by the image quality but do get annoyed sometimes at the thought it could have been better if Canon had so chosen ie with shot to shot times. One of the biggest annoyances I have is with the optical view finder. Not because the lens barrel interferes - I can live with that - but because it doesn't have the shooting information. Even my eight year old Pro 1 had all the info on the OVF and it was great, especially where I live. We have strong sun for most of the year and, during the summer, a screen is going to be very difficult to read. It's winter at the moment and even now I'm having some trouble. This is especially so when wearing Polaroid sunglasses and you frame the camera for a portrait shot. The screen can go nearly black because of the polaroid effect.

I paid $648 AUD from an Australian online store and will get back the 10% tax when I head off on an overseas holiday next week. So a G1X for just under $590 was too good to pass up.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow