Memory Card

Started Jun 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
digitalization
Regular MemberPosts: 193Gear list
Like?
Re: Memory Card
In reply to Red13, Jun 23, 2012

Red13 wrote:

I've never had a problem with cards that have been through the wash and dryer, in some cases multiple times.
I've never had a problem with cards that I dunked in the ocean.

I always buy the cheapest class 10 I can find. Class 10 is overkill as my camera doesn't write that fast but it is nice to unload class 10 cards from a reader hooked to the computer.

Thing with memory cards is that they don't usually fail on a daily basis, even the less known brands. When they do it might be rather annoying. So if you take a week-long trip to Paris, i'd use a separate card for every two days. Even is something happens to one of the cards you are now missing just two days of shots instead of all seven.

Buy cheap? Unless you are going for 45MB/s or 90MB/s cards then the price difference for 4GB-16GB cards by different manufacturers is almost non-existent. Especially if you consider how much you shell out for camera+lenses+filters+bag+tripod+flash+...

digitalization's gear list:digitalization's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow