Started Jun 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
katanaphoto
Contributing MemberPosts: 760
Like?
5 shots of Chicago Skyline shot with D800
Jun 23, 2012

I havs shot those 2 weeks ago on 2 different evenings right after sunset.
First 2 were shot with 70-200mm f/2.8 VF II and rest with 24-70mm f/2.8 Af-s

I had some business to take care downtown and I was not even planning to shoot anything but I took my camera with me in just in case and I was surprise to see such clarity on summer evening when normally at this time of the year is all hazy but some how it was not the case,it was so clear so no photoshop was required to clean up.

I'm still getting stun what this little camera is capable of I think Nikon got it this time.

Tip for those who plan visit my hometown Chicago the best to shoot Chicago sky line is to be there 1 hour before sunset to set up and once sun sets there will be like 15 minutes window to get blue sky and city lights and latter is all burgundy because of the light pollution, and it best to shoot week days when our cleaning ladies clean the offices in the buildings so all lights are on so if you go on Weekend there is less lights up is what I have notice over the years I have gone to shoot our beautiful skyline.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/katanaphoto/sets/

-- hide signature --

Derek Katana

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow