Best landscape lens for K-5

Started Jun 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Forum MemberPosts: 93Gear list
Re: Best landscape lens for K-5
In reply to steveTQP, Jun 23, 2012

steveTQP wrote:

First let me say Congratulations on choosing Pentax! As a Pentaxian and photographer obsessed with sharpness and etail (see samples on my site in signature email below), I find Pentax cameras and optics to be first class in terms of build quality, sharpness, flare control, color consistency, dynamic range, etc.

I have used the DA 16-45, DA*55, , DA 50-200, FA43 Limited, and DA70 Limited with great success. Of those, I'd say the DA 50-200 is the "least" sharp (still not bad), and the DA 70 Limited the absolute sharpest (with the FA 43 a very close second).

My desire is for a wider zoom such as the Sigma 8-16, and a better "travel" zoom such as the Pentax 17-70 or Sigma 17070...not sure yet which of those is sharper.
In any case, good luck with your new Pentax system!
Steve Solomon

Thanks for the response and info Steve.

These responses from you guys are a great help in helping me pick a new Pentax K-5 and lenses. I still haven't made my purchase yet, but did return the A57 today. I think I might go with the DA 16-45 off the bat, but still reading as much as possible to help me make the best choice for my 1st Pentax glass.

SMcGuire45's gear list:SMcGuire45's gear list
Pentax K-5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow