Started Jun 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
SMcGuire45
Forum MemberPosts: 93Gear list
Like?
Re: Best landscape lens for K-5
In reply to steveTQP, Jun 23, 2012

steveTQP wrote:

Greetings!

First let me say Congratulations on choosing Pentax! As a Pentaxian and photographer obsessed with sharpness and etail (see samples on my site in signature email below), I find Pentax cameras and optics to be first class in terms of build quality, sharpness, flare control, color consistency, dynamic range, etc.

I have used the DA 16-45, DA*55, , DA 50-200, FA43 Limited, and DA70 Limited with great success. Of those, I'd say the DA 50-200 is the "least" sharp (still not bad), and the DA 70 Limited the absolute sharpest (with the FA 43 a very close second).

My desire is for a wider zoom such as the Sigma 8-16, and a better "travel" zoom such as the Pentax 17-70 or Sigma 17070...not sure yet which of those is sharper.
In any case, good luck with your new Pentax system!
--
Steve Solomon
steve@totalqualityphoto.com

Thanks for the response and info Steve.

These responses from you guys are a great help in helping me pick a new Pentax K-5 and lenses. I still haven't made my purchase yet, but did return the A57 today. I think I might go with the DA 16-45 off the bat, but still reading as much as possible to help me make the best choice for my 1st Pentax glass.

SMcGuire45's gear list:SMcGuire45's gear list
Pentax K-5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow