Like?
Re: Never
In reply to Chato, Jun 23, 2012

Chato wrote:

Bill Randall wrote:

Chato wrote:

Bill Randall wrote:

Chato wrote:

Rents are too damn high — and wages are too damn low.

The city’s escalating rents are eating away at as much as one-half of low-income New Yorkers’ paychecks, a new study has found.

Low-income tenants now fork over a whopping 49% of their pay to landlords, up from 45% six years ago, according to advocacy group Community Service Society.

Poor city residents are suffering the most: after they’ve paid their rent bills, they have a measly $4.40 per household member, per day, left over to pay for food, transportation and other essentials, the survey said.

“Rents have continued to escalate in good times and bad while employment and incomes have been falling off since 2008,” said Victor Bach, senior housing analyst at the Community Service Society.

Several years ago I would have responded that these people need to consider moving. With the whole economy screwed up that is easier said than done. However, they do need to keep tabs on opportunities elsewhere. Contrary to popular opinion, there is a world beyond New York City - with ice cream ...... chocolate no less.

Well Bill, no place on earth hides poverty better than we do. Cheap clothes, and everyone looks the same.

What IS it like to be poor in America? I mean I consider myself "poor," but I just spent OneK or so on a new camera. Yet yesterday I talked to a woman, nicely dressed, and advised her to spend a hundred bucks on something to make her life easier. She ain't got it. That 100 bucks is like 8K to me.

Did you get the D7000?

Has anyone changed the subject in such a blatant manner...

I meant to ask earlier but my wife interrupted my posting and asked me to go to the drug store. All the way over and back I said I'll bet he did it.

Let it be know by all DPR members that Dave has kick-started the economy. Good show.

Yes I did. I went down to B&H, (Also known as the Eighth Wonder of The World) and bought the machine. Along with an extra battery, two memory cards, a new card reader, oversized rubber cup, and a free visit to my local psychiatrist, all part of the package - Came to about $1250...

And I'm sitting there after takin a bunch of "try it out" shots, when I ran into this woman, I hardly know, but know well enough to regret my $100 dollar advice. Kinda pathetic where a decent, hard working woman like her can't come up with a lousy hundred bucks.

Our world is not based upon equality, but inequality. You worked for the camera and you deserve it. Don't spoil the moment by feeling guilty. However, should you feel too guilty feel free to send the camera to me - I'll pay the postage.

We could both come up with in exchange for sacrificing a lot of necessities. How about you? 50K?

Bill force? A million?

And yet I'm "poor."

So Bill Force in his answer below says, "Move to rural America." Well yeah, maybe. Need a car. Insurance, a decent job...

Twenty Eight percent of American Households make less than 25K a year. 50 percent make less than 40K. I'm talking about family income here...

Meanwhile, they want to raise taxes on the poor and lower Middle Class. Makes sense, right?

So toys and things in America are now cheap - Life sustaining necessities are expensive as hell!

Education? What's the point? Where are the jobs?

Now during that Mythical period that Ittch was talking about, working people didn;'t wonder about the Jobs. Work hard, live right, and you'll have a decent job that pays enough for a decent life.

Dave
--
"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

-- hide signature --

WSSA Member #281 on 04-23-09

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

-- hide signature --

WSSA Member #281 on 04-23-09

Bill Randall's gear list:Bill Randall's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S602 Zoom Nikon D200 Nikon D5200
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow