Moving from Olympus to Canon or Nikon

Started Jun 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
jonikon
Senior MemberPosts: 4,769Gear list
Like?
Re: Moving from Olympus to Canon or Nikon
In reply to Cliff Horner, Jun 23, 2012

It comes down to personal choice. Canon and Nikon make the best DSLRs available and you can't go wrong with either brand. I switched from the Sony (a700) to Nikon (D7000) in the fall of 2010 because I didn't like the direction Sony was going with their SLTs and EVF Alpha cameras and there was never an upgrade to the a700, so I jumped, and have been very glad I did.

I considered Canon, but chose Nikon when the D7000 was released because it "ticked all the right boxes" and was exactly what I was looking for in a DSLR, including the price. The Canon 7D seemed like overkill for my needs and the 60D was inadequate, and a step down from the D7000, so it was an easy decision to go with Nikon.

After owning and using the D7000 extensively for the last year and a half, I am still thrilled with both the design and handling of the camera and the image quality it is capable of producing. If I sound like a "fanboy", so be it, because that's the way I feel about the D7000. They say that a particular camera will not make you a better photographer, but that's rubbish, if your current camera is holding you back. I feel the D7000 has made me a better photographer.

Here's a few shots taken with my D7000 in RAW mode and processed with either LR3 or Nikon's own ViewNX3, so you can judge for yourself.

Best regards,
Jon

jonikon's gear list:jonikon's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D5100 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow