Moving from Olympus to Canon or Nikon

Started Jun 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
jonikon
jonikon Veteran Member • Posts: 5,739
Re: Moving from Olympus to Canon or Nikon

It comes down to personal choice. Canon and Nikon make the best DSLRs available and you can't go wrong with either brand. I switched from the Sony (a700) to Nikon (D7000) in the fall of 2010 because I didn't like the direction Sony was going with their SLTs and EVF Alpha cameras and there was never an upgrade to the a700, so I jumped, and have been very glad I did.

I considered Canon, but chose Nikon when the D7000 was released because it "ticked all the right boxes" and was exactly what I was looking for in a DSLR, including the price. The Canon 7D seemed like overkill for my needs and the 60D was inadequate, and a step down from the D7000, so it was an easy decision to go with Nikon.

After owning and using the D7000 extensively for the last year and a half, I am still thrilled with both the design and handling of the camera and the image quality it is capable of producing. If I sound like a "fanboy", so be it, because that's the way I feel about the D7000. They say that a particular camera will not make you a better photographer, but that's rubbish, if your current camera is holding you back. I feel the D7000 has made me a better photographer.

Here's a few shots taken with my D7000 in RAW mode and processed with either LR3 or Nikon's own ViewNX3, so you can judge for yourself.

Best regards,
Jon

jonikon's gear list:jonikon's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow