Started Jun 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
James A Rinner
Senior MemberPosts: 1,494Gear list
Like?
My experience with 3rd party batteries for the OM-D/EM-5
Jun 22, 2012

I purchased 4 batteries and 4 chargers from this USA site on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battery-for-Olympus-OM-D-E-M5-EM5-BLN-1-BLN1-with-Charger-/150837566468?pt=Batteries_Chargers&hash=item231e9e9c04

They are rated 1220mA according to the auction. I have been getting around 300 shots with the Olympus battery that came with the camera. The first one seemed to work the same so I put two of the 3rd party batteries into my camera and grip then did a shutter actuation count. It was at 1024. I then shot till the camera shutoff (about two weeks) from lack of charge. I did a shutter count and it was 1669 so I got 645 shots from the two batteries. There was lots of reviewing and some use of the rear screen to compose for at least 100 shots. The rest were with the EVF.

The Olympus battery charges just fine in the 3rd party charger. I am completely satisfied with these aftermarket batteries and chargers.
--
Sincerely,

James A. Rinner

James A Rinner's gear list:James A Rinner's gear list
Olympus E-10 Olympus E-20 Olympus XZ-1 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow