Police Chief Confirms Detaining Photographers Within Departmental Policy

Started Aug 15, 2011 | Discussions thread
Hughesnet
Senior MemberPosts: 1,024Gear list
Like?
Re: Police Chief Confirms Detaining Photographers Within Departmental Policy
In reply to Digetydog, Jun 22, 2012

Digetydog wrote:

The police officer saw something "different" and investigated in an appropriate manner. When things checked out, the officer released the photographer without incident.

Simply put, there are people out there who want to do us harm. They are terrorists who take pictures of buildings before they attack them and they are pedophiles who take pictures of little kids on playgrounds. Having our officers completely ignore evidence b/c someone might be inconvienced by speaking with the officer for a few minutes is a recipe for disaster. Ignoring suspicious behavior (learning how to fly without learning how to land) is how 9/11 happened.

In a public space, an officer as the right, and an obligation, to investigate any behavior outside the norm.

fwellers wrote:

I wouldn't be his friend. I would report his ass to his boss, the press and maybe a lawyer. He treated you like the US treated the Japanese during WW2 and needs to be disciplined harshly for it !!!!

Last time it happened to me, I gave up my ID reluctantly, after I realized I just didn't have time for the extra hassle. I hope I have more time and patience next time, because I intend to REFUSE. Period, pure and simple ! Let them suck on some sour lemons. Aholes !

-- hide signature --

Peace,
Floyd

Wrong. Because these investigations are carried out as though we are already guilty and if we refuse to give our ID as is our right we are treated as such.

Hughesnet's gear list:Hughesnet's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow