Started Jun 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Darrell500
Senior MemberPosts: 1,993Gear list
Like?
Great News For Me Today!
Jun 22, 2012

After seeing Greg's (diddyo) and Colin's bigma post I decided that I wanted that lens but then I began to realize just how hard it was to find. During my long search I had called stores as far away as Canada and even wrote Sigma to see if they might still have one but I kept coming up empty handed. Finally after giving up and using the money for other things several popped up on Ebay all at once but they were all getting top dollar.

I was at a Sigma sponsored event last Sat and I met this really nice Rep who also used to work as a Rep for Olympus. The Sigma Rep told me he thought they still had a 43rds mount Bigma sitting in their office and he would check when he returned to New York . I received an email today letting me know they indeed still have a Bigma with 43rds mount, and that I could purchase it for only $600 from Sigma! I guess it's needless to say at this point that I have a Bigma coming my way and I'm very excited about it!

Worth mentioning here, the Ex Olympus Rep told me he had a nice 90-250 just sitting on a shelf at home and offered it to me for only $3K, unfortunately it might as well be $30K it's out of my range.

Have A Great Day!

Darrell

Darrell500's gear list:Darrell500's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1030 SW Olympus E-500 Olympus E-520 Olympus E-5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +27 more
Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow