Started Jun 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Techblast
Regular MemberPosts: 158
Like?
Wow - HDR is Incredible and Versatile in the new 5DMK3
Jun 22, 2012

Way Better than I expected! Not only do you have in camera 3 Shot HDR, but you have the ability to do HDR outside the camera with the bracketed photos taken in an automatic sequence with the 5DM3. You will need a copy of Photomatix to create an HDR composite in post if you choose to create 5 -7 bracketed shots with the MK3.

Whereas the 5DMK2 allowed a set of 3 bracketed photos, the new 5DMK3 allows up to 7 bracketed photos and this is going to give this Mark3 the ability to create a different level of HDR result.

What's even better, is when you use Live View in combination with the 2 second self timer, you get the mirror and any mirror vibration issues out of the way and once the timer counts down, the camera will take ALL preset shots (2-3-5-7) in secession by motor drive and the sequence is FAST and automatic. Just make sure you have the drive set to motor drive.

So HDR is significantly improved over the 5D-Mark-2 without even using the built in 3 shot HDR feature of the new 5DMK3. I wish Canon could have provided a 5 shot option for in Camera HDR, but I love what they did. I am sure 5 shots might have slowed down the camera too much? Would be so cool if Canon would consider a "5-Shot" option for their automated in camera HDR feature.

Now if I can only figure out the idea of usage behind "multiple-exposures." This is something I have not yet explored.

PS. Once you set up a multi-shot bracketed sequence using the bracket menu, just go to REGISTER on your menu and save it as either C1, C2 or C3 and it will be there with just a twist of the dial!

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow