>>>> Street Photography eXchange #14 <<<

Started Jun 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
elboertie2
Senior MemberPosts: 1,609
Like?
Re: is this the photo you meant?
In reply to xtoph, Jun 22, 2012

Thank you for the response and your assistance on the photo; much appreciated. Now I know how to do it. Thank you.

Yes, every person has their own style and indeed, it has a more romantic-postcard style to it as you said. I have other streetphotos too, that are less soft and more harder in style.

After I took the photo, I approached the couple and offered to send a copy of them per email. The man was happy about this, but the woman did not want to have a copy of the photo (she was fine with me having taken it) and this surprised the guy a LOT. I now feel less reluctant in approaching the people that I took a photo of and offering a copy of the photo to them.

Do you sometimes approach people afterwards and offer a copy of the photo?

Jacques

xtoph wrote:

you should generally add photos to your posts using the 'add gallery photo to message' tab above the text box. if you copy the link from a page keyed to your account alone (original size, for example), it won't display properly for people in the general forum.

it is certainly a nice photo. it has a very accessible, postcard-storybook sort of feel to it. this may also be its weak point, since it seems to be more about generic symbols than a specific moment.

but it is well done, and not every street photo has to follow the same style.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
no.New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow