Forum ProPosts: 29,888
Like?
Re: Thom has updated what he said
In reply to Soverain, Jun 22, 2012

Soverain wrote:

TFergus wrote:

diverroy wrote:

-- hide signature --

For those jumping onto the bandwagon Thom has updated what he said about the D800 issues

'Update: before people get blowing this too far out of proportion, it doesn't mean that half of the D800's being shipped have problems. It does mean, even with this small sample, that there are enough bad eggs out there that my sample is worrisome, which is what I wrote ("...I'm a little concerned..."). This hasn't happened with any previous Nikon DSLR that has been launched. This launch feels different, is all I'm saying. '

Evidently Thom has never heard of the D7000

Agreed... Mine and a lot others had bad focus-issues, but we still had the same people denying forever (maybe still...) that there were any QC-issues...

I got mine fixed after TWO trips to Nikon service.

I'm probably getting a D600, but no way am I buying it right out of the gate after my last experience (and hearing this about the D800).

I have 2 x D90's (brand new) one in service, one needs to go back for re-calibration (it's improved but now FF instead of BF)

Anyone who thinks this is just a D800 issue, is mistaken. There is something to say about buying 2 bodies in different countries from different batches both with defective AF. Very unlikely. The fact a camera as expensive as the D800 can hit the shelves with poorly calibrated AF is pretty worrying. It's not acceptable whatever the price of the camera, even more frustrating for high end models.

If Thom thinks this is just a D800 issue or d7k one he's mistaken, it hints at bigger problems and factory issues.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow