Sony A77 vs Nikon D7000

Started Jun 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
philbot
Contributing MemberPosts: 843
Like?
Re: Sony A77 vs Nikon D7000
In reply to fastHID, Jun 22, 2012

fastHID wrote:

If it was possible to put the same lens on these 2 cameras, which would yield 'better' Image Quality. (stills)

I'm in the market for a new camera and I do know it also comes down to handling, features, and especially the lenses, but put simply, which of these can produce a higher quality photo in a studio doing product photos or in daylight doing landscape photos? or are they relatively equal?

The only main difference (aside from small differences in DR etc) for your stated use is the 24MP of the A77 does yield more resolution, 3400lp/h vs 2800lp/h

But for tripod work (I assume relevant for product/landscape), the usability of the A77 is just amazing,

• Triple articulated rear screen is a godsend

• Rear live view is exactly the same experience as using the view finder

• Focus peaking (for critical focus)

• Focus magnification also works with focus peaking

• Fast PDAF AF in live view when used.

• In camera HDR and Panorama (JPEG only)

• In-body IS that can works for any lens you attach, can be switched off for tripod work

• No mirror means no need to lock the mirror up, you can use the viewfinder and still get no slap from the mirror affecting critical quality

The D7K is a fabulous camera and I was set on getting one, but everytime I picked up the A77, the whole SLT feature set just felt more useful and pandered to the technical side of me, where live histograms, focus peaking, focus mag all in teh view finder (as well as being shown the approximate exposure before you take the shot) all just won me over..

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow