Another bag and backpack question/recommendations?!?

Started Jun 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Meeces
Regular MemberPosts: 113Gear list
Like?
Another bag and backpack question/recommendations?!?
Jun 22, 2012

Okay- looking for advice on a bag and/or backpack. I have the Canon 2400 bag and 200eg back pack-both came as gifts. The 2400 I want to replace for size reasons and the backpack has a ripped seam. The bag I use the most/daily, the backpack for hauling everything/getting around when outside and want to hike/walk/travel with the comfort of a backpack.

The 2400 bag- I actually really like it but for a couple of issues- I can't fit my 7D mounted w/either of my telephotos in it. I'd like just slightly bigger. I even like the look of the other canon bags, except I don't want to advertise so blatantly that I'm carrying camera gear. Normally in said bag goes 7D w/17-55/50 1.4/550 or 580ii flash and either 70-200 or 100-400, or 100 macro. Accessories is spare batteries for camera/cf cards/extra set of AA's for flash/camera cord/cleaning cloth. I like the idea of thinktank retrospective 20 or 30, or 6 or 7 million dollar crumpler. I live in a place where I am unable to try these out in person-too rural for local stores to stock them. Any thoughts/ideas? Am I thinking too big?

Backpack- Would like basically the same size as the canon one- but again something that doesn't advertise quite so much that there is camera gear inside. I don't use this as often and it might be a while before I replace it. Definitely would like something that stands up to the elements-would prefer something that -does not- require a separate rain cover, if that exists? It would carry either both bodies, or a second body (30d at the moment-down the line maybe the 7d when/if I ever replace that), with whatever is not in the bag. Having space for a 15" laptop would be a bonus, but not necessary. Looking for opinions. Thanks!
--

Matt
http://www.flickr.com/photos/akita/
The body Canon- 30 and 7D

Sigma/Canon glass- 50 1.4, 100 Macro, 17-55 2.8 IS, 70-200 IS 2.8, 100-400 IS, and 1.4 EXT.

Meeces's gear list:Meeces's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow