ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ghiblidaisuki
Forum MemberPosts: 86
Like?
Makro-Planar T* 2/50 or Planar T* 1.4/50 which is better for portrait
Jun 21, 2012

Hi,

I am going to buy a Zeiss Planar 50mm lense but I am not sure which to choose for my Canon EOS 600D....

The choice is either Makro-Planar T* 2/50 or Planar T* 1.4/50.

I primarily want to shoot portrait photos with this length of lens, but I read reviews that say the Makro-Planar is also adept ad portrait photoography....

If this is true maybe the Makro-Planar would be the best choice because if has both portrait and Macro capabilities.

I do like clean crisp, details in my captures and I shoot many images in low lighting to create the atmosphere i like so would the Makro-planar be able to cope with this as its value is f2 compared to the Planar f1.4

Does anyone have opertunity for direct comparisson of these two lenses.

If I had the Makro-Planar would the Makro aspect of this lens hamper the portrait capabilities ? and if I had the Planar 1.4/50 would the deatils be so far less than the makro.....

I just can't deicide which would be better. If the Makro-Planar really does perfor portrait captures with as much ability as the Planar 1.4 I would be very interested in this lens.

The price difference is not an issue for me as I want to have the right lens even if it is two times the price of the cheaper lens.... I want the lens that performs the best as I will use this as almost daily lense and my main 50mm lens.

Any one have any experience of direct comparrison with these lens or any experience of either these lens.

I also I notice that the Canon fit does not have an apeture ring, would the ommision of this lessen the ability of the lens compared to the other fits ?

I don't use Zeiss lens at present, I use Sigma so I am not sure if this will be an issue in the lens performance.

I realise all the sigma lens I own do not have apeture ring so I may not miss this feature .

I appreciate any opinions or any assistnce you are kind enough to offer me in my search for the right lense for me.

Regards

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow