ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gina
Regular MemberPosts: 106
Like?
Epson Stylus Photo 1280 and Profiles
Jun 21, 2012

Hi all,

I am coming from a loooooong hiatus from digital art and photography due to health issues, and I had an almost new Espon 1280 sitting in my office for years. Before I took my "vacation" it was waiting for me to learn about color management because my prints looked NOTHING like my screen, lol. Well, last month I got it up and running again, bought ink and paper, and now I am back where I started trying to figure all this out. It's even harder now that the printer is old. I'm hoping some of you nice folks in here can help me work this out.

One question first, will the printer profiles on the original 1280 CD still work with Windows 7 64 bit and Photoshop CS5.5? I went looking for current profiles for the current papers, and of course, found none. The profiles on the cd are in a setup.exe file, so I am clueless if it's okay to install.

I have a pantone huey from back when I was just getting started, and it's old but I can download current software for free, so I am going to calibrate my laptop screen soon. I have painter 12 and Adobe CS5.5 software, so next in my color management recipe is profiles, correct?

Are the cd profiles good, or am I going to have to have them made with the current papers? It seems they changed the names of the papers, but I'm not sure on the formulations/manufacturing. I found a comparison naming guide here:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supAdvice.jsp?type=highlights¬eoid=89563 . The driver I have is functional, it was downloaded from MS when I plugged the usb from the printer, and I even figured out how to use the printer wirelessly with a usb print server gadget hooked to my router (geek)

I am still working on how to use the profiles in Photoshop. I am thinking about getting a newer printer, with current profiles, drivers, and networking. But not sure it's necessary yet.

Thanks for any help,
Gina

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow