Senior MemberPosts: 1,027Gear list
Like?
Re: Few photos from Iceland (Omd)
In reply to gisligun, Jun 21, 2012

gisligun wrote:

Optical1 wrote:

gisligun wrote:

Hope you enjoy

Thanks for sharing. I had a 9 hour layover in Reykjavik last year, and I was surprised how picturesque the scenery is in Iceland. I have been kicking myself ever since for not changing my flight, renting a car and exploring.

We're thinking of flying through Iceland on our next trip to Europe. How long do you recommend people stay to get a flavor and do the requisite visitor outings like the hot springs?

3 days should be enough to get the feel of the capital and the closes landmarks, for example the Golden circle (very popular tourist attraction).
1 week would buy you a grate look at south- and southwest Iceland.

2 Weeks could take you all over Iceland in a hurry and see most of its grates sights.
1 Month to see it all

I recommend that you take a look at this photo blog from Michael Paris from a 23 day trip to Iceland in 2009. Its very entertaining and will show you most (not all tho) what Iceland has to offer for a photographer and a hiker.

Ps. 2009 had one of the worst weathers in my memory so this is not exacly how the summer weather is here (most of the time )

http://www.international-photographer.com/en/_roadtrips/iceland_2009/iceland_days_index.htm

Thanks for the link to those photos. They are wonderful shots. After looking at these photos and your advice above, I'm now thinking we should avoid the pit-stop and return at a later date for a longer stay. So many places to see and so little vacation time!

Optical1's gear list:Optical1's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Ricoh GR Olympus PEN E-PM1 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow