Latest from leica Rumors

Started Jun 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Artichoke
Forum ProPosts: 11,664Gear list
Like?
clearly he does not say that
In reply to snowboarder, Jun 21, 2012

no where does he suggest the Ms will have live view (what could be more live than an optical viewfinder & the digital Ms already have a fine one) or video (I seriously doubt that more than 1/1000 of M users want their cameras to do video)

I think the problems of offset microlenses to maximize WA IQ (which is the M9's greatest strength) have already been solved using a CCD, though I suspect this could be engineered for CMOS

the tonality delivered from their present CCD may be more difficult to achieve with a CMOS system

Leica has already demonstrated in the M Monochrom that they can squeeze out higher ISO low noise from this "older" design

their digital engineering team (one of the best ably partnered by Kodak, Adobe, Capture One & Jenoptik) should be able to work wonders given the higher resolution I suspect Leica plans for the next digital M

CCD does offer some advantages over CMOS systems, which may be why CCD designs are still favored for scientific and high end medium format systems

Dr. Kauffmann & Stefan Daniel appreciate this & the highest possible IQ for their lenses will always be their priority for a digital M

he was a bit coy in this interview & I doubt the M10, whenever it comes, which likely won't be anytime soon, will not have a CMOS sensor
--
--
pbase & dpreview supporter
DPR forum member since 5/2001
http://www.pbase.com/artichoke

"Avoid making a commotion, just as you wouldn’t stir up the water before fishing. Don’t use a flash out of respect for the natural lighting, even when there isn’t any. If these rules aren’t followed, the photographer becomes unbearably obtrusive" -- attributed to HCB

Artichoke's gear list:Artichoke's gear list
Agfa ePhoto 1680 Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Leica M8 Nikon D3X Leica M9 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow