Started Jun 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cjf3rules
Forum MemberPosts: 75
Like?
Hard drive size for your photos?
Jun 21, 2012

Hi all. I'm asking this question here in the NEX forum, instead of the Mac forum, because I think you all can give me more realistic answers.

I'm in the process of upgrading my 10-year-old PowerBook G4 with a new MacBook Pro. I'm struggling with what size hard drive to get in it. Either 750GB 7200-rpm drive or 256GB SSD.

I have a NEX-5N that i just got a few months ago, and my current 60GB hard drive just doesn't cut it!

I'm not a professional photographer at all, just an average consumer that wants to have really nice images from my 5N. I'm not currently into shooting RAW, or post-processing -- but i suppose I could down the road if need be.

Anyway, just curious what size Hard drives you guys use, on average? Does 256GB sound like enough? What is the filesize of an average .jpg coming out of the 5N (i don't have one with me to check).

Thanks for your input!

Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow