False advertising from Olympus.

Started Jun 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
dark goob
Contributing MemberPosts: 944
Like?
Re: False advertising from Olympus.
In reply to DonTom, Jun 21, 2012

Maybe they agreed with Panasonic to gimp the video on purpose so as not to cut into GH-2 sales etc. I mean, why else would they omit 24P, 60P, and high-bit-rate compression? Not to mention IBIS on legacy lenses?

I have no faith in Oly adding the feature in firmware either, given their zero attention to E-5's firmware. That camera lacked the ability to apply a red checkmark during single-image playback, despite the manual saying it could be done by pressing OK like on E-3. I suggested that they add a feature allowing the user to assign one of the many buttons that are unused during playback to this feature, but noooo. (Then on subsequent cameras, they made the red check-mark a dedicated function of the video button.)

I also said they needed to let you assign the video recording button to something OTHER than the AF-point selection button during live-view, since if you hold E-5 vertically then you can't reach the 4-way direct controls, so therefore the only ergonomic way to change the AF point would be to press the AF-point selection button and use the dials. All Oly would have to do is let the user optionally assign video recording to the Trash button, which is unused during shooting mode, and is red.

But , I was told Oly had no plans to update E-5 anymore.

Well they can't even supply extra batteries for their $300 grip nor chargers, so how can a firmware update really be on the radar? Please just open-source your firmware Oly, you are good at hardware but bad at software. Let us fix it for you.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow