? Best Nikon teleconverter

Started Jun 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Janet Zinn
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,197Gear list
Like?
Re: 70-200VRI and TC-20III
In reply to Londongal, Jun 21, 2012

Hi Londongal,

Just saw this response. Thanks for your compliments, and I'm glad I was able to sway you to the TC-20E III. Hope its giving you good results (the coin looks great, and that gives me the idea to try it with the 105VR, which I hadn't really thought about!) I'm off shooting dragonflies this weekend so I may give it a shot.

Did you get the crow's nest, in the end?

Janet

Londongal wrote:

Hi Janet,

Your work is beautiful! Thank you so much for your photos and informative post. I purchased the TC-20E III last night and after viewing your images this morning, knew the purchase was a solid one. I'm impressed at your walk around set up, I couldn't possibly hand hold anything near that weight these days

Took the plunge yesterday and picked up the teleconverter. The crows' nest which began this query may not be the TC's optimal subject matter due to distance etc, but the second compelling reason for purchasing this 2X TC was for use with Nikon's 105mm macro - which I really enjoy using. I find myself wanting to "get closer" to the subject when using macro with the 105 and this TC - even with the acknowledged drawbacks - seems to be the answer.

-- hide signature --

Janet
D 3 0 0 & D 3 0 0 s & D 8 0 0
http://www.jczinn.com

Janet Zinn's gear list:Janet Zinn's gear list
Nikon D300S Nikon D800 Nikon 1 V2
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow