Panasonic 45-175mm X or 45-200mm

Started Jun 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
MP Burke
Regular MemberPosts: 124Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic 45-175mm X or 45-200mm
In reply to Juan T., Jun 21, 2012

I have been using a 45-175mm lens on a G2 since last year, mostly in my regular trips to view the dragonflies and damselflies in my area. The lens has proven to be a useful complement to my 50mm macro lens, enabling species to be observed and identified at 1m or so away, which is too far away to give good results with the macro lens. I find the OIS is useful when focussing manually.

I have observed that the OIS has been improved at 175mm since the firmware update last year, though I never have had problems at the 45mm focal length, where I have observed that shutter speeds of around 1/20 sec are useable.

I don't have any of the other m43 zooms to make a comparison, but the Photozone reviews suggest that the 45-175 X lens and 45-200 have very similar resolution performance.

I personally think the 45-175mm lens offers a very useful combination of reach and size and would be a better match to the GX1 and GF types cameras in size and weight.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow