ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ericinho
Regular MemberPosts: 493
Like?
Sony HX20v review DCResource online!
Jun 21, 2012

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/sony/dsc_hx20v-review

No surprise that the fine detail smudging is the biggest minus in an otherwise very positive review.

It depends fully on the reviewer how much attention it gets, a lot of them rank the HX20v as top travelcam.

I took the liberty to take a few of the full-size OOC JPEG pics of the DCResource gallery, color print them on 13x19cm and A4 paper and compair them with those of his biggest rival, the Canon sx260HS.

If you have doubts about this camera, I urge you to do the same... it is unbiased and you will see what has your preference.

In any case, when printing A4 size, no detail smearing is visible, on the contrary, I blind tested the prints and all of them the HX20v showed much more detail, better color reproduction and sharpness (without being overdone), also in darker areas.

So unless you plan to print even bigger than A4 or crop smaller parts, the whole fine detail smearing discussion is a moot point.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX20V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow