which is best package tour for antactica, particulry landscapes, icebergs,

Started Jun 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
penguinman
Regular MemberPosts: 231Gear list
Like?
Re: which is best package tour for antactica, particulry landscapes, icebergs,
In reply to Thakur Dalip Singh, Jun 21, 2012

Quark used to be the cream of the crop, but they were bought out and the small ships are disappearing and being replaced by bigger ships, partly as a result of the old Russian "research" and ice breakers being banned for too much pollution.

I have heard a lot of good things about Cheeseman's.

Don't know why you mention photo group tours. I have heard from some who have participated that a ship full of photographers can be rather awful.

Generally, you get what you pay for. Less costly trips will not cover as much territory. If you are going to the Peninsula, I high recommend spending more money and getting in South Georgia. The most amazing place I have ever visited (twice). Also, it is not Antarctica, but if you want to spend little money and have lots of close ups with all the time in the world, go to the Falkland Islands but NOT with a group.

Check out the information on my web site.

http://www.elstonhill.com/Falkland2012.html

I give you the person we have used twice. If you go on a boat, you will be only a few hours in any one day and spend a lot of time at sea. You can fly in to the Falklands and spend all day walking among the wildlife. The best places are small place that the large photo groups can not get to.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow