Fed up waiting for,OM5

Started Jun 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
wine540
Regular MemberPosts: 158Gear list
Like?
Re: Fed up waiting for,OM5
In reply to Roderic, Jun 20, 2012

Waited for a month at B&H, but kept checking Amazon everyday...Black OM D on its way. Sold the G3 this week...dumbed down camera: hard time with menus, controls, the eyepiece and screen switching drove me nuts after owning the G1; EVF was a disappointment...smeary screen. I kept my G1 which is worth less than $100 or so used, but worked well (I rarely ever take movies). We'll see about the OM D..maybe I was sucked in by nastalgia for my old OM 2 which was a lovely camera. I own a D7000 (aka "the Beast"...try lugging it around on vacation with some lenses) which I take as a benchmark for functionality. The G3 was so very disappointing in comparison. The OM D has to be better! I'll let you know. By the way I advised a friend to get a Panasonic GX1 which fit his needs to a "T" ...he's very happy, but didn't want an slr "type" camera. I'd find a GH2 if you want to go Panasonic...but that one might be getting "long in the tooth"
--
Dan W

wine540's gear list:wine540's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow