ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Maji
Contributing MemberPosts: 583Gear list
Like?
RFI on Photographic Destinations near Page, AZ and Antelope Canyons
Jun 20, 2012

Hi,

We would like to visit Page, AZ, and adjoining areas in the last week and/or first week of November this year. The primary purpose is to photograph Antelope Canyons, Horse Shoe Bend, Coyote Buttes (The Waves if we win the lottery ) and then go to Monument Valley.

Here are my questions that I hope you can help me with answers to.

1. I know we will not see any light shafts that time of the year in Antelope Canyon. However, I heard that the colors are more "pastel" like. If you have been there this time and also during late Spring/Summer, what is your experience?

2. Are there any other Slot Canyons in that area that can be visited and photographed without major hiking. I have heard about Canyon X. Any other suggested Slot Canyons? I read about Cardiac Canyon, but we will pass on it because of the hiking involved.

3. Any recommendations for tour companies for the Canyons?

4. We plan to visit the South Coyote Buttes if we don't win the Waves lottery (higher chance... right? ) Do you have a recommended guide/tour company for this trip? How long is the driving distance from the parking lot for trekking the Coyote Buttes from Page? Should we stay somewhere near Coyote Buttes that night before, and if yes, any recommendations?

5. Any other nearby areas that are recommended as photographic destinations? How about Alstrom Point etc?

6. While returning, we plan to make a sunset stop somewhere between Monument Valley and Phoenix. Any suggested photographic destination/stop there for a sunset shoot and place to stay for the night?

Thank you for your time and help.

Maji's gear list:Maji's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P500 Nikon D300 Nikon D800 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +6 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow