Started Jun 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mskad
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,329Gear list
Like?
OM-D with old Zuiko 50mm f/1.8 sample images
Jun 20, 2012

I mounted my old F.Zuiko 50mm f/1.8 lens on my OM-D today and I was truly impressed by the performance of this $50 lens. I was already very pleased with it on my old 5 mega-pixel Olympus E-1 camera, but I wasn't expecting it to be that good on a 16 mega-pixel OM-D! Center sharpness is excellent, and corner are good when lens is slightly stopped (f/4). Also, no CA so to speak in normal conditions.

Focus ring is very smooth and critical focus is very easy to achieve with image stabilization so shooting wide open is an option

And it is gorgeous mounted on the black OM-D

Below some sample images taken with this lens. All handheld (IBIS on, although only needed to help focusing), raw processed with LR 4.1.

This first image is about 1/3 crop from the full frame. I thnik it was shot at f/2.8.

The mandatory dog picture. This one was at f/4.

Close up at f/4. Background blur is very acceptable to me.

What about a 1:1 crop? First, here is the full image. Deer like to think that our backyard is their playground

And now the 1:1 crop... look at the details in the ears (click on Original to truly see the 1:1 image)

mskad's gear list:mskad's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D600
Olympus E-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow