Started Jun 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DLBlack
Forum ProPosts: 11,049Gear list
Like?
E-M5 First Photos
Jun 20, 2012

It was dark by the time I got the battery charged.

Photo 1: So I took a flower shot of a flower arrangement using the 45mm lens and the FL600 flash bounced off the ceiling:

Photo 2: The cat made the mistake of jumping up on the table that has the flowers. The cat wasn't much interested in the camera. What is the first few shots with a camera without a pet photo:

Photo 3: Then my stepdaughter and her boyfriend made the mistake of coming back to the house after being out for ice cream:

Photo 4: The next morning it was out to my flower garden w/ the 12-50 kit lens:

Photo 5: Then to Cave Hill Cemetery. This cemetery has been my traditional place to take my time to get to know a camera. I have the owner manual pdf on my tablet when I have a question. It was a cloudless day, a good day to test the DR of the new camera. The 45/1.8 lens stayed on the camera for the rest of the morning:

Photo 6:

Photo 7:

Photo 8:

Photo 9:

Photo 10:

Photo 11:

Photo 12:

Photo 13:

Photo 14:

Photo 15: After the cemetery I stopped by the camera store and visited with my salesman.

Thanks for taking the time to look. Comments are always welcome. The photos are basically out of the camera jpeg. I had the camera set to RAW + JEPEG but didn't want to start learning Olympus Viewer yet. So far I the camera is fun to use. I just have to get more comfortable with it. I do like the 45/1.8 and the photos it produces.

For anyone that want to look at more from my first day with the E-M5 have a set on Flickr with 55 photos at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/david_l_black/sets/72157630210570942/with/7409145420/

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Dave

-- hide signature --

DLBlack's gear list:DLBlack's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +25 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow