Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 31,927Gear list
Like?
Re: Bunch of excuses for Fuji here ...
In reply to Larry Winters, Jun 20, 2012

Larry Winters wrote:

Kim Letkeman wrote:

Larry Winters wrote:

I have printed and sold hundreds of large prints, mostly in the 20x30 to 24x36 range on my HP110 and now 130 over the last 7 years. I don't need to link to someone elses NIKON reference for verification on how to properly interpolate.

I ignored that the first time, but since you are keeping the discussion alive, Thom is an expert on why resolution is much less important than people purport. Acuity it much more important as well, which is where the real action is at.

Your example of printing a bazillion huge prints says exactly nothing about the quality of said prints, nor does it say anything about why Thom's info is incorrect. Of course, that is because Thom's info is dead accurate. Thom did not even mention Nikon as salient to the point of the article, which was resolution versus print size. Yet you chose to emphasize NIKON in caps, showing that in fact you are trying on yet another puerile back handed comment as a dig.

I think your little agenda has kind of run its course though, as you have said nothing clarifying or salient to the actual technical discussion in the thread.

And yet you spend your time bashing Fuji cams on a minor forum in the middle of nowhere ...

I don't consider pointing out one area of disappointment (resolution) in the HS30 as bashing. The HS30 has many fine points and I've stated those as well.

Bashing is more about how often you say a thing ... especially when you do it without proving it with evidence of some sort. And simply alleging that you print tons of big prints is not evidence, as has been amply demonstrated on this forum since around 2008.

I posted way more than I had originally intended. I said my peace so thats it.

Makes me cringe to see such incorrect spellings, but again ... of little relevance overall.

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
KimNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow