How many of you are using Lightroom?

Started May 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
JudyN
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,835Gear list
Like?
Re: How many of you are using Lightroom?
In reply to John Guild, Jun 20, 2012

I strive for fine art photography myself and attempt to sell very very few of the images I take. However, I also take pictures for organizations I belong to and friends at events and for myself. Unlike a wedding photographer, I do not process large numbers of images in LR. I don't process large numbers at all...

However, I bought Lightroom as a catalog program. The editing facility is just gravy. So I use it mostly to organize my images and help me find one when I want it. However, even an image that goes to Photoshop (which most that I put up for sale do) will probably get a final tweaking in LR. Yes, those are the same tools as in ACR.

I know some fine art photographers don't document their life, or other people's at their request, nor take a lot of photographs, but I do. And I know from taking various courses, online and not, that many professional photographers of the fine art variety do take a LOT of images. And a very small percentage are used. LR makes it easy to go through them and see what might be a prospect for further work.

John Guild wrote:

I use Photoshop CS5 plus a few plugs in (Topaz, Nik). I don't used Lightroom.

My focus is fine art photograph. I used LR when it first came out but the last thing I need is 'faster and more automated'. I want my fine art process to flow very slowly and grow organically over a long period of time.

JudyN's gear list:JudyN's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sony SLT-A77 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow