How to edit metadata in LR4

Started May 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
JudyN
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,835Gear list
Like?
Re: Exiftool is working!
In reply to davidevans1, Jun 20, 2012

Sorry I haven't been at the forum recently. In order for the exiftool exe to be used on the command line or called simply by name from an application, it must be "known" to the system, which means it must be somewhere the system searches, such as the windows directory.

I never knew if exiftool GUI just used the command or assumed it was in the same directory, so I think I have a copy in the exiftool GUI directory as well...

Confusingly, I think I have one with a -k and one without. I think exiftool GUI needs the command without. I'm sure all of this, correctly stated, is in this thread...

Once you get it going, updates will go smoothly, or at least that's my experience.

You also might (or might not) want to stop exiftool from making a backup copy for each change. I've never had a problem with it that I couldn't deal with, so I don't want my directories cluttered with backup copies. In the GUI I think it's in settings somewhere.

davidevans1 wrote:

I'm happy to update that I have Exiftool working. BogdanH on the Exiftool website advised me to move the Exiftool.exe file into the Windows directory (if I missed this from anyone else's instructions my apologies) and now Exiftool works and so does the Exiftool GUI.

If you havent tried the GUI part I'd recommend it, there's no code requirement and all very simple, a matter of writing the details you want in the specified Exif box, and that's it really.
--
David

-- hide signature --
 JudyN's gear list:JudyN's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sony SLT-A77 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow