Started Jun 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mdg137
Regular MemberPosts: 155Gear list
Like?
Lens line up opinions sought
Jun 20, 2012

After a pretty massive sell-off (Leica M9 and lenses), and purchase of a D800E, I am in the process of reevaluating my lens lineup, and making some additions/deletions.

Posting this request for opinions here and on a couple other forums to get the best range of opinions I can.

I shoot mainly portraiture/nudes and urban landscapes.

I am also essentially a shallow depth of field and ultra wide junkie. My two most used lenses and the 85mm f1.4G and the 14-24mm @14mm.

Current lens lineup is:
16mm f2.8D
35mm f1.4G
50mm f1.4G
85mm f1.4G
100 f2 Zeiss Macro Planar
180mm f2.8D
14-24mm AFS

After some other spending, I have about $3500.00 (US) to work with, and I am considering two options:

1. Pick up a 58mm f1.2 Noct

2. Also sell the 14-24mm, and replace it with the forthcoming Zeiss 15mm f2.8 and either the Zeiss 21mm, Zeiss 25mm, or Nikon 24mm f1.4.

I have the feeling the Noct will be frustrating to nail focus with, as the type of work I would use it for precludes live view.

A link to some of my portraits (warning NSFW/nudes): http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/9078/viewall

ANY thoughts/suggestions appreciated!

Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow