Which ones the K-7 & which ones the K-5 and why...

Started Jun 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
hikenhi
Regular MemberPosts: 498Gear list
Like?
ANSWER TO Question....
In reply to hikenhi, Jun 20, 2012

I used the DA* 16-50 f2.8 with the K-5 because of the preferable wide angle, and better video quality for what I was shooting with the Rode SVM. I like the K-7 with the DA* 50-135 f2.8 and D-BG4 grip for the auto-tilt feature in the digital playback, which is useful when you shoot a lot of portrait shots. I was really dissapointed that Pentax got rid of this feature in the K-5. I think it might have something to do with the dual-axis level, which frankly is useless--I only use the horizontal axis level to ensure that my shots are perpendicular to the direction of gravity along the horizontal axis. I can tell if my veritacl axis is out of whack with noticeable distortion issues in the viewfinder. Please someone, tell me if I'm wrong and the K-5 can do the auto-tilt. I'd like to see a video for proof...lol.

hikenhi's gear list:hikenhi's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow