Started Jun 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bluenoser23
Senior MemberPosts: 2,032Gear list
Like?
Color Management: Capture and View NX2
Jun 20, 2012

I know color management is a dog's breakfast for most (including me). So let me see if I can explain my problem without sounding like a total goof.

Okay, my set-up: A Dell U2410, calibrated with Sypder 4, I use FF 13.0.1.

Situation #1: I work on a NEF file in Capture NX2. I then want to save it as a JPEG file. No matter if I tick the box indicating embed ICC profile, when I open the JPEG in Windows Explorer, the colours look over saturated.

I thought I was saving the JPEG in Nikon sRGB 4.0.0.3002 (that is what's indicated in the colour management area of NX2 as my default RGB colour space. As such, wouldn't choosing NOT to imbed the ICC profile allow the Windows picture viewer to display things in sRGB (i.e. without the cartoon colours)? Of course it looks fine with the colour managed FF.

When I convert a NEF file in View NX2 - the JPEG file looks fine in the Windows viewer.

How can I convert a NEF file to JPEG with Capture to get it to view properly with non-colour managed browsers?

PS. Why can't I convert a NEF file with VIEW NX2 that has already been manipulated and saved with Capture?

Your assistance would be most appreciated!
--
James

bluenoser23's gear list:bluenoser23's gear list
Canon PowerShot A95 Canon PowerShot SD800 IS Canon PowerShot S3 IS Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon D40 +13 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow