Started Jun 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mike Ronesia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,538Gear list
Like?
Re: Changes everyone DOESN'T agree on?
In reply to Visualist, Jun 20, 2012

Visualist wrote:

Mike Ronesia wrote:

I disagree. I read a lot about how to take proper photo's but it wasn't until I entered challenges and analyzed my results compared to the winners that I started to get a good grasp of what people like and how to adjust to that type of shooting.

Yes but this is limited to the scope that exists by the lack of experience of administrators/participants

For many that is enough and for others it is a stepping stone. I think the key is to take if for what it's worth.

Will I ever be a great photographer, no, I don't have that artistic flair that is a large part of capturing something that people like. I have improved though thanks in part to using the challenges as a tool.

Well, I can see that you have very good results from your entries & you obviously have the talent to do well here. As recreational competitions go, many are happy & content here. That's fine.

Is this good enough for you? If so that's good & the existing format is ok for you. However there is much complaining by others (mainly hosts) who want a more "adequate & serious" challenge format, free from cheating & other issues.

Of course this is not possible without reverting to a professionally structured format.

As a host I would love to see the challenges fixed so people could not manipulate them. That said I have seen lots of questionable voting, but most of the time the better shots are at the top of the results. I never vote in challenges I enter but try to vote in others because I think it's the right way to do it.
--
It's easier to ask for forgiveness then to ask for permission.

Mike Ronesia's gear list:Mike Ronesia's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow