Started Jun 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AtomicPunk
Regular MemberPosts: 253
Like?
Nikon Repair Strikes Out Again
Jun 19, 2012

So...I had to send my D800 in for the focus issue twice to get it repaired. It looks like they fixed the focus issue the second time. It looks like they replaced the auto focus. So, I am assuming the replaced the entire focus module. The problem now is the viewfinder was filthy when they returned it to me. I mean there was dirt everywhere. There is no way they did the general clean & check they always state they do on the receipt. In addition, there is one piece of dirt that just doesn't come off. I blew the viewfinder area gently with a rocket air blaster and was able to clear most of the dirt. there is one piece that doesn't move. It could even be damage to the viewfinder. In addition, I have a couple of spots on images now. So, it looks like they dripped something on the sensor while doing the repair. This is unacceptable. I can't deal with having to send a brand new camera to a repair center 3 times in a row. They've had the thing more than I have at this point. I have no faith in them. You would think after the first issue, they would have a second set of eyes or someone that knows what they are doing check over the camera before it left the repair facility.

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow