Started Jun 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ivos1
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
RRS BH-40 compatibility to Gitzo systematic
Jun 19, 2012

Considering to buy RRS BH-40 for Gitzo GT3530LS. I see potential issue - the main lock lever on BH-40 is so long, that it exceed the base of the head. When is BH-40 assembled to tripod with bigger base than the head (like GT3530LS), the main lock lever will hit the tripod base. I asked RRS and this is their reply:

"The Main Lock Knob of the BH-40 (and any smaller ballhead from RRS) incorporates a ratcheting mechanism, whereby you can pull the knob away from the housing to disengage the mechanism, reposition the knob, and then let it spring back and continue tightening or loosening. Because it usually only takes ¼ to ½ a turn of the knob to go from fully tight to loose, interference with the platform should not be a common occurrence. The ratcheting can also help avoid the camera and clamp if they are positioned in the path of that knob"

OK, I do understand their reply, but does anybody have experience if this ratcheting is really functional solution for above mentioned issue? Would you recommend to go into RRS BH-40 or better look somewhere else?

Thanks a lot

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow