Started Jun 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jonikon
Senior MemberPosts: 4,768Gear list
Like?
Thom Hogan thinks D7000's Auto Focus is OK
Jun 19, 2012

"What I found with the D7000 was that I could align and get acceptable focus with every camera I handled (except that one) ; in one case we even found a lens that couldn't align with any of my cameras."- Thom Hogan- June 19, 2012 (commentary) /
http://www.bythom.com/

Some say the D7000's AF module design is flawed, but the evidence does not support this belief. If that were true, then all D7000's would not focus properly, (including mine), which is just not the case.
Any complaints on the D7000's AF is therefore either the result of :

• Misalignment of the AF module, (perhaps due to inadequate Quality Control).

• Lens alignment, or other defects, (such as too much CA or field curvature, etc).

• User error, either due to a simple missed subject focus mistake, or lack of knowledge and understanding of how the AF works and how to use it properly.

• Unrealistic expectations by the user for the AF capabilities, (such as focusing in very low light).

• Trolls attempting to spread fear, uncertainty, and doubt (FUD), regarding the D7000.

• Lens needs some in camera AF fine tune adjustment. (I don't consider a small amount of adjustment a defect in either the lens or the camera.)

Feel free to add to the list, or take your pick!
-Jon

jonikon's gear list:jonikon's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D5100 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +10 more
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow