Changes everyone agrees on?

Started Jun 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Deleted pending purge
Senior MemberPosts: 1,194Gear list
Like?
Re: Changes everyone agrees on?
In reply to RaptorUK, Jun 19, 2012

... and while we're wating for the changes that would make Challenges fair and useful to those wishing to learn something from them, another problem is slowly becoming more and more obvious...

Two days before the submitting period ends, a simple Challenge like "Camera In Action" took 140 entry attempts to gather 68 correct images. Or, for every correct entry there was more than one that did not fit within the Challenge. And this trend seems to be swinging sharply upwards.

I tried to offer challenges that require/favor photographic know-how. Results are, in a word, depressing. Then I tried to make those which are only theme-dependent, and also those which offer a wide field of post-processing play. Then there were some where even the theme was of personal choice. Neither seems to help.

So there must be something basically wrong at the Entrants' side of the story, and it is, to my mind, rendering the whole idea and processes involved ever more useless, and alarmingly so.

People enter Challenges but can not read?

People enter Challenges but do not (want to) read?

People enter Challenges and read but do not understand the simplest things?

People enter Challenges and do not feel the need to know the rock-bottom basics of photography?

People enter Challenges but don't care what they send in, as long as it's an image, regardless of the theme and / or presentation requirements?

So who exactly are those long-awaited positive advancements in Challenge system for?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow