Would you buy a 5D today? Honestly, I did a search

Started Jun 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
calvinboy24
Regular MemberPosts: 458Gear list
Like?
Re: Surprising...
In reply to toomanycanons, Jun 19, 2012

toomanycanons wrote:

What the surprise for me is for an ex-owner saying the 5D is good only to maybe ISO 800. I saw an indoor sports pic on another forum taken with a 1D MK IV (I know I know) at ISO 6400 and it was perfectly clean.

The idea of getting a former "state of the art" camera, though it may take stellar pics in bright light, that can't go at least to ISO 3200 makes me wonder, ya know?

Wonder what? That seven years ago ISO sensitivity was only good to about 800 or 1600? I think we've all become a little too demanding in the past few years. Considering that we only got rid of film less than 10 years ago where you'd be lucky enough to find an ISO 800+ film without a lot of grain, we expect too much these days.

The 5D can shoot up to 1600, with some noise depending on the lighting, and 800 comfortably. That's what shutter and fast lenses are there to compensate.

The 5D for $750 is a great price. I was using the 5D up until late 2010 but is still lovingly being used by my Dad.

calvinboy24's gear list:calvinboy24's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Leica M8 Olympus PEN E-PL1 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow