Started Jun 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jim Cassatt
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,637Gear list
Like?
Canon Custoner Service--Thumbs Up.
Jun 19, 2012

Everyone likes to complain, so I thought I would complement. Since I have both a 5D MKII and a 5D MKIII, my 5D was gathering dust. So I decided to sell it.

Since I have not had the mirror assembly repaired under the recall notice, I called the Canon Service Center. The knowledgable person who answered took all my information. Canon will pay USP shipping to the repair facility and return shipping as well. I asked about sensor cleaning while it was there. He said that cleaning was part of the service. He also said that I should request that the facility send me the number of shutter actuations as that would be very useful for a buyer.

Assuming everything works out, I could not ask for anything more. I have also received the same excellent service on a couole of warranty repairs as well.
--
Jim
http://www.pbase.com/jcassatt

Jim Cassatt's gear list:Jim Cassatt's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 300D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-E1 +18 more
Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow